5 Best Baby Shower Ideas
Welcoming your baby into the world isn’t complete without the ultimate baby shower. Before the little one comes along, it’s only customary to host a great party where you can relax with friends and family, indulge in lots of yummy food, be spoilt with gifts and partake in fun (and sometimes silly) games.
If you’re looking at hosting a unique baby shower but are stuck for ideas, we’ve put together a go-to list of cool and chic event ideas that will make your baby shower stand out from the rest.
1. High tea
There’s nothing as fun as a high tea party, filled with delicious canapes, petite cakes and a stunning setup that is perfect for the arrival of a little girl. Luckily, it’s easy to host a high tea at home, and most dishes can be prepared from a day ahead. The décor is usually vintage with a touch of modern, and is embellished with pink details.
Ideas for the perfect high tea baby shower:
· Scones and English classic cakes
· Delicate sandwiches, like salmon and cream cheese
· Decadent cupcakes
· An array of games to play with friends and family
· Fairy floss machine
· Lolly and dessert table
· Homemade lemonade
2. Day spa
For something a little different, why not treat yourself and your friends to a relaxing day spa experience. The best part about a day spa is spending quality time with a close circle of friends and family, instead of hosting a large event with people you probably haven’t seen in years!
Swap humorous baby stories or pregnancy tips while being pampered and indulge in delicious food platters and non-alcoholic bubbles, or champagne for the girls. By the end of this day spa experience, you’ll be ready to take on the challenges of the last trimester with a clear mind and relaxed body.
Day spa ideas:
· Relax in fluffy robes and slippers
· A soothing massage
· Aromatic foot bath
· Baby shower games and prizes or party bags
· Photos taken throughout the event
3. A formal dinner
If you’re interested in hosting a baby shower that’s a bit more fancy and chic, consider a formal dinner at a classy restaurant. Reserve a long table for your closest family and friends and indulge in a decadent degustation menu (that’s pregnancy friendly of course), and enjoy a night out with the girls, just like old times (minus the alcohol).
Pros of a formal dinner:
· Degustation dinners are a unique and classy touch to a usual dinner event
· Order a baby inspired cake to cut on the night to keep with the theme
· Swap pregnancy tips with others and talk with friends all evening
· Have fun with the girls and enjoy a well-deserved night out before the baby arrives
· Spoil yourself with a new outfit for your formal dinner baby shower
4. Cooking class
This may sound a little unconventional, but a cooking class is another popular baby shower option that’s definitely different, and extremely fun. Spend the day with your closest girls and family members and cook up a storm, feasting on your final cooked products at the end of the class.
You can host a cooking class at home, organised by a private chef, or at aculinary school that hosts parties.
Pros of a cooking class baby shower:
· Have fun with friends and family
· Cook up some delicious dishes
· Learn new recipes – perhaps some new pregnancy friendly dishes to add to your diet
· If you’re a passionate foodie, this baby shower idea is a must
· It’s quirky and unlike many ordinary baby showers
5. Movie night
Do you ever wish you could go back to high-school when spent your weekends watching movies and having sleepovers with friends? Well to reminisce and experience it all again before the baby comes along (and your routine changes forever), why not host a movie night with your closest girlfriends and family members!
Make it a pyjama party with a marathon of girly films like rom-com classics. Order pizza, indulge in desserts and laugh the night away – just like the good old days.
Pros of a movie night and baby shower ideas:
· Relax in the comfort of your own home or a friends place, and in your pyjamas (ideal because of tiredness during the last few months of pregnancy)
· Indulge in your favourite foods without the worry of dressing up for a fancy restaurant
· Spend quality time with your favourite people
· Reminisce on the old days with friends and have a laugh
· Be a kid again, before you have a kid
· Play a variety of baby shower games
· Set up sleeping bags for your guests (you get the bed!)
· Organise for someone to prepare a scrumptious breakfast for the morning after for yourself and your guests
· Watch some of your favourite chick-flicks that your partner refuses to watch with you
As you can see, a baby shower can be as unique as you want it to be, with an extensive array of event ideas that will make your eventone to remember. Whether you’re looking to host a casual soiree with friends at home or a fancy outing with your girlfriends and family, you’ll finally be able to relax with your loved ones while celebrating the exciting arrival of your bundle of joy.