Shopping List for the Newborn
It is very hard for you to wait for your newborn to come out into your hands. Despite all the problems, difficulties and the long wait, every woman is desperate to see this day. It’s best to prepare for the day your baby comes out into this world by doing some shopping.
Following is a list of things which you would need to take care of your baby after he/she is born:
1. Clothes that I would recommend for your baby
· 10-12 mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeves undershirts for the baby.
· 5-8 night-wear suits, they must be comfortable for the baby to put on and off.
· 10-12 one-piece stretchy cloth pieces to wrap the baby to prevent from harsh weather and it becomes easy to carry the newborn baby with it.
· 8-10 pairs of soft trousers or pyjamas for newborns.
· 3-5 colourful hats for newborn.
· 8 pairs of socks for your tiny feet to keep them warm
· 2-4 pairs of mittens, as newborns are prone to scratch their own face with their own nails.
· 2-4 winter wear such as sweaters or woollen clothes depending upon climate of the location you might need thick snowsuits or jackets for your little one.
· 4 outfits for dressing up (optional).
· 8-10 burp clothes.
2. Useful stuff for baby sleep time
· Approved Small cot or bassinet or Crib.
· 2-4 warm blankets for the baby cot must be very soft and warm.
· Approved mattress for the baby crib/cot.
· 3-5 mattress covers its better if it’s waterproof.
· 5-8 crib fitted or flat sheets.
· 2-4 Sleep swaddle.
· 5-6 mats, they must be waterproof place under newborn while sleeping.
3. Shopping list for feeding your baby
· For breastfeeding you might need the following in beginning in need.
· Breast pump to express the milk.
· Bottles to save expressed milk.
· Baby bibs.
· Baby burping cloth pieces.
· Pillow to support baby’s head while nursing.
· Nursing bras.
· Disposable Nursing pads.
· Cream or Lotion for sore nipples.
4. Shopping list for feeding formula milk to the baby
· Baby bibs.
· Burp cloths.
· 2-4 feeding bottles with nipples.
· Bottle and nipple brush.
· Formula as per doctor’s prescription.
· Bottle Carrier or thermal cover.
5. Shopping list for Changing Clothes of your baby
· Disposable Diapers or nappies.
· Baby wipes.
· Baby nappy rash cream.
· Baby Oil.
· Baby lotion.
· Baby Changing mat (disposable or washable).
· Baby face and hand Tissues.
· Trash bin and plastic bags for Dirty-diaper or nappies.
6. Things which you must carry around you for immediate use
· 10 diapers or nappies (or as many as possible).
· 1-2 bibs.
· 1-2 soft toys.
· Baby tissues (small size).
· Baby wipes.
· Baby lotion.
· A set of extra clothing for use in case of need.
· 10 Plastic bags for dirty nappies.
· A Bottle of warm water for making formula.
7. Things which are used when it is time for your baby to take a bath
· 1 Baby bath tub or baby bath chair with adjustable positions
· 10 pieces of clothes to wash your tiny baby body
· Baby soap or shower gel
· Baby Shampoo
· Baby soft hair brush
· 5 soft colourful towels (normally they come with a hood these days).
· Baby ear buds
· Baby Cotton balls
8. Things which help to carry your baby
· Baby Capsule
· Baby Swaddle
· Baby blanket
· Cloth to cover baby to protect from sun rays and dust
9. Stuff that you would need in the future
· Baby Capsule or Infant car seat (Safety Approved)
· Infant stroller pram whichever can keep your baby in laying position at least till 6 months
· Nail cutters and scissors for cutting baby nails.
· Small suctioning bulb or pump to clean from baby nose mucous
· Baby thermometer to monitor baby temperature
· Any Medicines suggested by your doctor for the baby
10. Stuff that can be helpful for you while taking care of your baby
· A baby changing table which should be high enough as per your height
· Rocking chair for the nursing baby
· Baby pouch or wrap carrier to carry baby
· Small baby crib net
· Baby swing with batteries
· Car window shades for to protect baby from Sun light beams
· 2-4 Baby Pacifiers, good to calm down the baby
· Low light Lamp for using at night
· Detergent to clean and keep baby’s cloth softer after wash